Saturday, July 23, 2016

Feelin’ Hot!

 

This weekend the North East is under a “heat dome”.  Which is as miserable as it sounds.  Greg installed the air conditioners last night, we have one in the kitchen and one in the bedroom and they cool our living space pretty well.  Generally neither of us likes AC,  but with just how hot it is, we needed some relief.

I had big plans of getting up early this morning (5:30) and heading out for my LR of 16 miles or 3 hours and 12 minutes by 6am.  The toddler wound up in our bed, and we all slept until 8am.  I guess this means my LR will be tomorrow.  It’s not ideal, but my body needed the extra sleep.

Monday starts my vacation time for the summer and I cannot wait! I am looking forward to being able to get my runs in when I want, and where I want.  I can take myself up into the mountains, or around a lake because I will have extra time to drive and get there.  The week after that we are headed to NC to see my folks.  If I’m complaining about the heat now…..

Overall, training is going well.  I have started to see my HR steady out over my runs, and have found on some runs that I am able to keep running and bring my HR back down.  There have been a couple of times where that has worked better than slowing to a walk!  I am fascinated by this process and cannot wait to see the end results.

No comments:

Post a Comment