Monday, September 26, 2016

Whoops, here I am!

Okay folks, I fell off the grid. Way off. And I've been training this whole time, I promise!  And I am exhausted.  Twenty weeks is the longest I have ever trained for anything.  I am more than ready for it to be over.  I'm into my last two weeks and race day is looming before me on October 8.

This post may be somewhat of a ramble...hang in there.

I'm nervous.  Very nervous.  I don't feel like I have gotten a good deal faster than when I started with HRT.  I'm worried about how long it's going to take me to run this marathon.  I really want to finish under 6 hours, and I'd LOVE to finish in under 5:30.  I don't know if that will happen.  I don't know what I'm wearing (yet).  I didn't do enough SSSC, BOSU and bands.  I am nervous that I won't have any time at the expo - packet pickup will be fine, that's happening until 9pm the night of.  I'm worried that I am not mentally strong enough for this. I am worried I won't get enough/good sleep the night before because of my threenager.

That said, I've run 5 days a week pretty consistently - there have been weeks where it's only been 4 but even that is more than I usually run in a given week.  I have learned to use the treadmill to my advantage - and do not mind running on it most days. I've never stuck to a training plan like this before.  I've never done THIS before.  I know the race day energy is going to buoy me at times.  I know there will be runners from the AMR crowd that I am sooooo excited to see there.  My nutrition has been great for the last week and a half, and will only get better.  I have so much love and support from my family and friends.  I CAN DO THIS!

Rollercoaster, right?  Welcome to it.  I will likely have any and all of these thoughts running through my head for the next two weeks.  I cannot wait to "sleep in" after my race - a whopping 5:30 wakeup instead of the 4:15s I've been doing to get my runs in.  Though I have to say, I always feel better when I do manage to get my run done in the morning.

I've jumped on the Philly bandwagon with the AMR/HRT crew - I signed up for the half - it's 6 full weeks after my marathon, I'm hoping that's enough time to recover.  I'm not planning to do any crazy racing - just a fun run with any other BAMRs that are there for a good time!  I know for some ladies, it's their target race and I can't wait to cheer them on!

My family and friends have done an amazing job of supporting me and donating to my EMC fundraiser - I cannot thank them enough!

I'd also like to take a second and thank my dear husband for the time and sacrifice it has taken to support me through this journey.  Once upon a time I said I'd never want to run a marathon - open mouth, insert foot - but when I changed my mind, he was nothing but supportive.  It has not been easy.  It's meant many early weekend mornings on child wrangling duty, with the added plus of having no television because "it's broken" AKA our child turns into a cyclops when it comes on.  He has managed all of this and more.  He has supported me, hugged me, rubbed my tired legs more times than I can count.  There are times where he almost literally pushed me out the door.  I wouldn't be where I am without him and I know that having him and our boy at the finish line is going to be EVERYTHING to me at the end of this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment