Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Waking Up Is Hard To Do


I have been struggling since Hartford to find my running mojo.  I took two weeks off, walking with my family during the second week.  This week I am supposed to be running daily to stay/get ready for Philly.  I got up Monday, that was it.  This morning I hit snooze, even though I had laid out my clothes and set the alarm to be up at 4:15.

It's dark.  It's cold.  I'm tired.  Those are my excuses and they're all true.  I even reminded myself that I feel better when I get up and run even if it's hard to get up.  I always feel better afterward.  I am going to try and get today's run in after dinner tonight but the end of the day is always hard for different reasons.

I have a half marathon I want to run in May so I will be signing up for some more AMR training - whether or not it will be heart rate I haven't decided.  There are things I could have done more of, better, differently with the HRT so maybe I would see more improvements and success.  Or, I have also had success with more traditional AMR training programs and may opt for that.  Training through the winter is important to me because it keeps me active.  Last winter I ran outside the whole winter and it was great!  This summer I learned the value of my treadmill and don't despise it the way I once did.

I have plenty of cold weather running gear and am all set for that.  Now I just need to get my butt out of bed!!!

Tonight I will go to bed earlier and get up tomorrow and get this done.  I can't wait to meet all these wonderful ladies I've connected with via Facebook in Philly!

No comments:

Post a Comment